Here is some information to know when you place your holds:
Vestibule Pickup Guidelines
- To request DPL library materials, search online for books that we own and preferably ones we have available. There is no delivery between libraries for the time being. Click here to browse. You can also email us at email@example.com or call us at 203-736-1482 to have a librarian help place holds on your account. Please have your library card handy (we can look up your account number if you can’t find it).
- Limit to five (5) items per Adult/YA library card and ten (10) items per Child card.
- Requests are fulfilled once per day. We will also enable holds again, meaning that you will be able to place materials on reserve. If you already placed a hold prior to our closure in March, you will keep your place in line.
- A Library staff member will put on our safety gear and gather the requested items.
- We will email or call you to advise you the date your requested items will be ready for pick up. (Please provide contact information and preferred method of contact at the time of your request).
- Pick-up hours are:
- 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM, Monday – Wednesday
- 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM on Thursday
- 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM on Friday
- 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM on Saturday
- Your items will be placed on a book cart in our Elizabeth Street vestibule with a label showing the 1st 4 letters of your last name and first initial of your first name, and the due date.
- Enter the vestibule and grab your bundled items. Only one person in the vestibule at a time to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will staff enter the vestibule to assist you.
- Patrons shall call 203-736-1482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if there is a problem with their card or if they are unable to locate their requested items.
- Items must be returned in one of our two (2) book drop(s). Please wipe down all items with a disinfectant wipe or cleaner before returning. (We have a procedure for quarantining items).
We will make every effort to fulfill your request based on item availability. You can always check item availability by using our online catalog
FAQs about Curbside Pick-up
Q: What can I borrow and for how long?
A: You can borrow DVDs, books, & audiobooks. All items will go out for their normal lending period. If you have any questions please give us a call at 203-736-1482 or email@example.com.
Q: How long do I have to pick up my items?
A: We will confirm via phone or e-mail the date and time you will be stopping by the library. If you are unable to make your scheduled pick up time, please call us at 203-736-1482. Any items not picked up by 1:00PM on their scheduled day, will go back on our shelves.
Q: Are you cleaning returned items? Can I wipe down items when I get them home?
A: Yes! We are quarantining returned items for a minimum of 72 hours and then disinfecting them. Most of our items have plastic cases or coverings on them. You can use a disinfectant wipe, rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer on a paper towel to carefully wipe down the item.
Q: How do I return items?
A: All items must be returned to one of our two (2) book drop(s). No items will be taken by a staff member.
Q: Where are your book drops?
A: For your convenience, the Library offers two book drops; one near the Elizabeth Street entrance and another near the Children’s entrance on Caroline Street, so it’s easy to return items after library hours. DVDs, audiobooks, and CDs can also be returned in the book drops.
Q: Can I come into the library to use computers, photocopier, etc.?
A: The Library building is currently closed to the public. We have plans in place to gradually reopen the library as safety permits. We will post opening guidelines online and outside our library when we are able to admit people into the building.
We thank you for your understanding.