The Derby Public Library hosts a variety of ongoing young adult (YA) programs. All YA programs are intended for patrons between the ages of 12-17. To register for them, please check out our Calendar or call 203-736-1482.
Winter Program Policy
- To clarify our program cancellation policy in case of bad weather:
- If schools are closed, all library programs for the entire day will be cancelled.
- If schools have an early dismissal, all library programs for the afternoon and evening will be cancelled.
- If schools have a delayed opening, all morning library programs will be cancelled.
- For Saturday programs, please check the website or call the library if you are not sure.
- If a program is run by a community group, please contact that group directly.
Teen Chess Club
Meets every Monday (excluding holidays) from 6:30-7:30pm.
Learn how the game is played, as well as new and varying defensive/offensive strategies. Mr. Julio Maldonado provides superb expertise from a life-long love for the game.
(Every Wednesday from 6 PM to 7:30 PM)
Join fellow teens for Lego Construction Project and Teen Game Night featuring Nintendo Wii games & a variety of board games with light refreshments.
Page Last Updated on