BORROWING/USING a laptop in the Derby Public Library
- Laptops are kept at the Circulation Desk in the end cabinet closest to the copier. Before checking out any laptop, Circulation Librarian must check Laptop Log located in the cabinet to ensure laptops have not been reserved for a program that day. All laptops must be available for use one (1) hour by the time listed in the log to ensure time to recharge. If no program has been listed in the log, laptops are available for patron use. Program use always takes precedence.
- Patron must be 18 years of age or older with a current library card and have a driver’s license, or valid photo ID in lieu of driver’s license, to borrow a laptop. LAPTOPS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR IN-LIBRARY USE. THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY NOT TO LEAVE THE LIBRARY.
- The laptop must be checked out by and returned to the Circulation Librarian only.
- Patron must fill out and sign a Borrower’s Agreement and leave it at the Circulation Desk. Patron must check the laptop out on their OWN library card and leave their driver’s license at the Circulation Desk until the laptop is returned. Patron receives a copy of this agreement.
- Patron’s card will immediately be blocked if laptop is not returned 15 minutes prior to closing of the day it is checked out.
- Laptops must be returned to the DERBY PUBLIC LIBRARY’S CIRCULATION DESK ONLY, DIRECTLY TO A STAFF MEMBER – NO BOOK DROPS, DO NOT LEAVE AT THE CHECK-OUT DESK.
- When the laptop is returned, Circulation Librarian must check to see that all items have been returned and are working and that the computer is turned off. Patron will be charged for any missing or damaged items. Circulation Librarian will bring laptop to Technical Services to charge overnight. Opening Circulation Librarian places and marks recently recharged laptop(s) in the end cabinet closest to the copier and locks cabinet. Keep borrower’s agreement on file for one (1) previous patron for each computer number; then discard. Keep active agreements filed in order of computer #.
- Replacement costs (PLEASE CHECK ITEMS CHECKOUT):
_____ Chromebook = $500
_____ Chromebook power adapter = $20
_____ Acer Laptop = $500
_____ Acer power adapter and extension cord = $20
_____ Mesh Carry Bag = $25.00
August 21, 2020