The Summer Kids Club program is a unique program that encourages kids of all ages to read during summer break. The program takes place from June to August and is open to all young readers and pre-readers, birth to age 11.
For registration information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Service Desk at 203-736-1482
Participation in the Summer Kids Club program helps maintain and enhance reading skills acquired during the school year, promotes early literacy and can motivate a reluctant reader. Pre-readers, including toddlers, preschoolers and children entering kindergarten, are welcome to join the reading program by having an adult or older child read to them. It’s never too early to experience a reading program and begin a lifelong love of books.
- Ages 3 – 11 can participate in a summer of paw-tastic fun!
- Upon registration here, each child receives a welcome DPL kids club packet that includes a Summer Reading log:
Pre-K to 1st Grade 2nd Grade to 6th Grade
- Weekly raffle and other incentives (TBA) will be given out to those who participate in any of the following:
– Complete a reading log
– Attend a virtual or in person outdoor library program
– Register for a biweekly Take & Make Kritter Kit (as of 6/17)