The Derby Public Library uses Envisionware PC Management and Print Software
Patrons must use their library card to sign in at individual PCs. The PC Management component eliminates sign-in sheets and minimizes staff supervision. The following parameters have been set to each PC.
- Only adult library card holders with accounts in good standing are allowed to sign on to adult computers.
- Library cards in good standing from any CT library will be accepted.
- Guest cards are available for those patrons visiting from out of state.
- Patrons are limited to 2 hours of total PC usage time per day. The 2 hour duration cannot be increased.
- Any library card holder with fines of $10.00 or more will be blocked from computer usage
- Any library card holder with one or more lost items will be blocked from computer usage
- Files can be temporarily saved to the “Desktop”, but these files will be deleted after ending your session.
- Patrons are responsible for loss of their own data due to expiration of time. Please save your work frequently.
- All PCs automatically shut down 10 minutes prior to closing time. Please save your work frequently.
The Print Management component controls the output of all PC’s. The following settings apply to each PC:
- Black & White Print-outs = .10 cents / page
- Color Print-outs are = .50 cents / page
- Once the number of pages, the price / page and total cost have been accepted by pressing “OK” twice, the print request will be sent to the Circulation Desk. Patrons must provide the last 4 digits of their card number plus the appropriate cash payment in order to obtain their printouts.
Please ask a staff member for assistance if you have any problems or questions.
NO software may be installed by patrons
NO phones may be charged
NO chat rooms
NO pornographic sites
Recreational browsing of the internet is permitted, provided that the above rules are followed.
Violations of any of the above rules may result in permanent loss of computer use privileges.
Adopted by the Library Board of Directors on December 13, 2005
For a full listing of the Derby Public Library policies, please visit Library Policies page.
Page Last Updated on